The functionality can be not only upgraded or updated, it can be also added or removed if you believe that it brings no value to users.
The process of legacy software enhancement always starts with an audit of the existing app, analysis of its architecture and code. As our team often works with the products created by other developers, this step is crucial for us. The next stages include the design and development of new features, their modification or removal.
To make sure that the enhanced solution fully meets the set requirements and that the introduced updates haven’t influenced the work of other components, we pay special attention to software testing.
- Migration to the latest version of Delphi;
- Migration from Desktop to Web (replatforming);
- Migration from Delphi to c# |.NET;
- Cloud migration;
- Data migration;
- Business logic migration;
- Adding support of the latest version of operating systems (Windows 10);
- Lack of specialists to support the legacy programming language;
- Your deployment platform cannot handle the increasing workload.
- Significant modifications of the technologies your software is built with;
- The necessity to perform software migration;
- Dissatisfaction with software functionality;
- Introduction of changes in business processes;
- Software performance and workload optimization;
- Establishing regulatory compliance;
- Software support costs reduction;
- Ensure hardware and software compatibility;
- Conducting business analysis;
- Creating software architecture;
- Source code migration;
- UX/UI design.
- Don’t migrate in one shot. Continuous development is much safety.
- Try to combine VCL and FMX. Don’t try to migrate all forms together.
- Try to apply Delphi styles before global UX modernization.
- Do not perform UX/UI modernization just because you want “to do something with your software”.
At Softacom, we can help you to deal with all the possible issues. Our experts use the best networking practices for integrating custom-built and third-party solutions and ensuring seamless communications between different business platforms.
We have rich expertise in integrating CMS, ERP, CRM solutions, accounting, business intelligence, analytics, reporting and other tools.
Before setting down to work, we will deeply analyze the existing software infrastructure, ways of interaction between different business platforms as well as the type of data exchange between them. After that, together with you we will come to a conclusion, whether the existing system architecture will be left as it is or it is required to update it in parallel to new app implementation. Our developers successfully work with all types of software and we can efficiently support you at any stage of your digital transformation journey.